- In 2005, Glickenhaus told Andrea Pininfarina they wanted to build a modern homage to P3/4: 18 months later, they unveiled Ferrari P 4/5 by Pininfarina.
- In 2009, Glikenhaus told Peter Geishecker they would build and race a car at the 24 Hours of Nurburgring: 18 months later they raced the 24 hours of Nurburgring with P 4/5C.
- In 2011, Glickenhaus told the world they would convert the P 4/5C into a hybrid race car: 6 months later, they finished First in Class at the 24 Hours of Nurburgring and won an FIA World Championship Cup for Alternative Energies.
- In 2013, Glickenhaus told the world they were designing a road/race car from the ground up: 18 months later, the factory and a customer’s SCG 003C raced the 24 Hours of Nurburgring and the factory car took First in Class.
- In 2017, a customer’s SCG 003C took the pole at the 24 Hours of Nurburgring and finished First in Class.
Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus SCG 004S
On 17th November 2017, the Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus SCG 004S Road Car was announced.
“18 months later, the 25 Founders Edition road cars will be delivered, be racing the 24 Hours of Nurburgring, and scaled production to produce 250 cars per year, manufactured in the USA under NHTSA Low Volume Manufactures Status. They plan to offer GT3 and GTE/GTLM competition versions of SCG 004.”
• Carbon fiber chassis and body
• Weight around 2600 pounds
• Three seats, driver center
• 5 liter TT engine around 650HP and 720 NM of torque, red line around 8200rpm
• Manual 6-speed gearbox with clutch pedal standard
• Paddle shift and 2 pedal optional
• Natural/tinted carbon fiber optional
• Designed and manufactured in the United States of America
• Sold as a turn key car with 17 digit VIN number under NHTSA Low Volume Manufacture Status
• USA safety and emissions compliant as required by NHTSA Low Volume Manufacture guidelines
• Base price $400,000
• Running prototype Mid-2018
• Founders Edition 25 cars deliveries in 2018-2019
• Gearing up to deliver 250 cars in 2020-2021
• Pre Order Purchase Option requires $40,000 deposit against purchase price
• For a Pre Order Purchase Option contact Jim Glickenhaus at jim@SCGcars.com
SCGCars | 8 Kendall Avenue, Sleepy Hollow, NY 10591
Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus is an approved NHTSA United States Low Volume Manufacturer, racing the 003C, and delivering 003S road cars. Their dream is to race Le Mans. The new goal is to build a car to race GTE/GTLM/GT3 at the 24 Hours of Nurburgring, Daytona, Sebring, and ultimately Le Mans.
Founder: Jim Glickenhaus
Jim Glickenhaus has dreamed of Le Mans since he was a ten-year-old boy, riding his bike 12 miles in the rain to see the latest sports racing cars at Mr. Chinetti’s dealership.
Managing Director: Jesse Glickenhaus
Chief Engineer: Olivier Thomas, Detroit, Michigan
A graduate of an aeronautic engineering school (ESTACA) in Paris, France, followed his dream and landed his first job at MATRA (F1 and Le Mans racing fame), then at Peugeot Racing. Racing cars run in his veins. After working at GM, Alfa, Honda, and FCA, Olivier landed at McLaren in 2008. He worked on their F1 Cars and developed the 12C and P1 Road Cars.
Fast forward to 2017, he has multiple championships on his resume and experience in designing cars in aluminum and Carbon Fiber. Olivier is now embarking on a new dream: Chief Engineer for the development of the SCG 004S in his new home in Michigan.
Head Designer: Michael Young, Columbus, Ohio
With a degree in industrial design at Columbus College of Art and Design (CCAD), Michael began his career as a product designer, launching numerous national products, and moving into automotive design.
“Working with the kind of experience, insight, and the general car-sage status of Jim, Olivier and the rest of the team is an exceptional privilege.”
Composite Manufacturer: Fast Forward Composites, Bristol, Rhode Island
Launched in 2015, with a focus on designing and building a luxury carbon fiber catamaran with latest in foil and wing racing technology, Fast Forward Composites has grown into a leading boutique composite shop for marine, aerospace and automotive industries.
Rumour has it that there was a good response to the SCG 004 Road Car Founders Edition and it will soon sell out.
Still, if the project is successful in attracting larger manufacturers, the production 250 cars per annum will be available.
Author’s Biography: Melvyn Teillol-Foo (MTF)
Dr Melvyn Teillol-Foo is a contributor on AlphaLuxe web-zine.
He is also a moderator on PuristSPro.com horology discussion fora. He blends his scientific medical objectivity from the pharmaceutical industry with purist passion, in his musings about watches, travel, wine, food and other epicurean delights.
His travelogue ‘Lazing’ and feasting ‘Grazing’ series of articles have now passed into “mythic legend” on the original ‘ThePuristS.com’ website. Those were the halcyon days when he was “rich and famous” that he remembers with bittersweet fondness.
Dr Teillol-Foo is a quoted enthusiast on the watch industry, appearing in feature articles and interviews by Wall Street Journal, International Herald Tribune, Sunday Times (London), Chronos (Japan), Citizen Hedonist (France) and other publications. He has authored articles for magazines like International Watch (iW) – both U.S. & Chinese editions, ICON (Singapore), August Man (Singapore), Comfort (China) and The Watch (Hong Kong).